What is Phishing?
Phishing, also known as "brand spoofing" or "carding", is a form of fraudulent attack using email messages and replica websites to trick users into submitting personal information. Hijackers pose as well-known financial institutions, online retailers or other trusted companies in an attempt to acquire credit card numbers, social security numbers, and other sensitive account information
According to the Anti-Phishing Working Group, up to 5% of users respond to phishing attempts.
What can businesses do to protect their users from a phishing attack? SurfControl solutions can detect the phishing emails and block the bogus websites:
- SurfControl Web Filter
- Web Filter allows organizations to manage access to sites based on category type. The "Criminal Skills" category contains the hoax sites that are created by phishing attempts.
- SurfControl E-mail Filter
- E-mail Filter helps organizations manage unwanted email content such as spam and viruses. Not only does its filtering database contain the digital signatures of known phishing emails, but also it can check email content for fraudulent web links.
SurfControl Web FilterÂ®
Raising the level of protection from web-based threats
SurfControl Web Filter enables companies to cost-effectively monitor network use and abuse anywhere in the organization, no matter how or where users connect to the Internet, across the full spectrum of Web-based content: IM, P2P, streaming media, file downloads, and Web-based e-mail. Best-of-breed protection against Web-based threats including viruses, spyware, malicious URLs, and blended threats is combined with a high level of visibility and control to reduce risk, enable business compliance, and ensure business continuity.
Unrivalled protection - wherever you are
SurfControl Threat Expertise
SurfControl and its Global Threat Experts monitor and analyze emerging Internet threats from Web, e-mail, spyware, and other malicious applications around-the-clock to deliver up-to-date protection and "cross pollination" against today's blended threats.
SurfControl Web Filter extends security beyond URL filtering by allowing you to regulate what users can do over the Internet-to enable full control of business assets, enable business and regulatory compliance, and reduce risk.
SurfControl Mobile Filter
SurfControl Mobile Filter integrates seamlessly with SurfControl Web Filter to deploy content security and protection to all your users, regardless of where they are or how they connect to the Internet-via wireless hot-spot, broadband connection or dial-up.
Define, enforce and manage
Flexible Policy Management
An intuitive, drag-and-drop rules engine allows you to set up highly granular policies in a number of minutes. Integration with your existing directory structure streamlines policy enforcement for all users-including mobile users.
By allowing you to create your own categories and threat definitions, Web Filter lets you enforce policies tailored to the unique business needs, user profiles, and industry-specific risks of your own organization.
Visibility through Reporting
Market-leading SurfControl Report Central provides unmatched visibility into internal and mobile Web usage and related threats, so technical staff and business managers alike can take control of Internet usage.
A partnership you can trust
Enterprise Protection Suite
SurfControl Web Filter belongs to a suite of best-of-breed products and on-demand services that raise the level of protection against Web, e-mail and malicious application threats, enable full control of business assets, and reduce total cost of ownership.
Options for Every Environment
SurfControl Web Filter can be delivered as integrated or standalone gateway software, as a gateway appliance, or as a managed service so you can choose the platform that best fits your own environment and technology strategy.
Return on Investment
A single base subscription to the Internet Threat Database covers millions of blended threats in areas that have traditionally existed only in separate e-mail or desktop protection, such as spam URLs and spyware-as well as tools for on-the-fly categorization-with no hidden costs
Powerful Protection Against Inbound and Outbound E-mail Threats
As the most comprehensive e-mail content filtering solution available, SurfControl E-mail Filter provides 360Â° protection against spam, viruses, worms, phishing, blended threats, and other Internet threats. Easy to install, use and administer, the solution draws on the industry's best e-mail filtering technologies to deliver comprehensive Internet protection, including:
- Day zero protection against blended threats - through digital fingerprints, heuristics, and Boolean language analysis that provide reliable protection against new spam and phishing attacks as they emerge
- E-mail system protection - using closed relay, sender policy framework (SPF), reverse DNS lookup, and other connection management techniques to protect your e-mail systems against denial-of-service attacks, spoofing, and other illicit e-mails
- Customized risk protection - with whitelists, blacklists, a virtual image agent, and an HTML stripper that give you granular control over who and what to allow into your e-mail system
- Data security compliance - with e-mail encryption through Transport Layer Security (TLS) and Secure SMTP (SMTPS) support; customized content filtering; pre-defined compliance dictionaries and rules; and a Virtual Leaning Agent that uses artificial intelligence to filter for your organization's most sensitive data
SurfControl E-mail Filter is powered by SurfControl's Adaptive Threat Intelligence Service-drawing on real-time threat detection technologies and the industry's most accurate dynamic threat databases to provide continuous protection.
SurfControl E-mail Filter is available to fit any network environment:
- SurfControl E-mail Filter for SMTP is a platform-independent solution that can be deployed with any e-mail gateway being used to protect any size network in any configuration
- SurfControl E-mail Filter for Exchange 2000 and 2003 are platform-specific solutions that filter internal, inbound, and outbound e-mail on any network using Microsoft Exchange 2000 or 2003
Install the SurfControl E-mail Filter solution that's right for your organization, and put the industry's best e-mail protection technology to work for your organization.