YTK Pro By FLZ
Reference Documentation Options
- Launch YTK Pro at startup - Loads YTK when Windows is started.
- Show Event Logger - Opens a logger window that keeps track of detailed events as they take place.
- Enable YTK Pro Alert Bar - Displays a top-most orange bar across your screen as events occur and notifications are available.
- Set Alert Bar Color - Specifies the background color of the YTK Pro Alert Bar.
- Create YTK Pro content tab - Creates a content tab inside of Messenger's buddy list window for loading web content/news from the official website.
- Enable audible alerts - Turns YTK's sound alerts on so you can be alerted of events that happen during the session through your speakers.
- Show Mouse-Over Hints on Options - Provides helpful popups explaining an option's purpose.
- Show Splash Screen - Displays a graphic on the center screen upon opening of YTK Pro.
- Enable Auto Update - Automatically check for and download YTK Pro application updates. (Not yet complete.)
- Enable automatic font resizing - Forces user's chat room message and PM text to 10-point or other specified size for ease of readability and to conserve chat room screen space.
- Enable automatic font effect stripping - Filters out faded and alternating text from users in the chat room and in PMs.
- Enable smart font face adjustments - Converts vague, exotic or otherwise unsual font faces to a legible font face.
- Enable Recently joined rooms list in the chat room list window - Creates a list of rooms that you have previously joined for faster re-entry at a later time.
- Enable Tiny Activity Logger - Creates an embedded activity logger in the main chat room window for ease of event viewing. The amount of lines that the logger uses can be specified in the range of 3-8.
- Disable auto-voicing when I join a chat room - Prevents Messenger from establishing a voice connection on your behalf automatically each time you join or change rooms.
- Show Friend's status changes in chat rooms - Prints buddy status messages to your chat room screen when your friends change them.
- Alert me when buddies or safe list users join/leave the chat room - Notifies you in the chat room when your buddies or users on your safe list join or leave the chat room you're currently in.
- Enable Blocked URL Catcher for Chat - Captures blocked URL content from the chat room for later viewing. (Block Valid URLs must be enabled.)
- Window Filters - Applies chat screen visual effects.
- Font Weight - Applies the bold style to all text on your chat screen.
- Font Variation - Applies the small-caps style to all text on your chat screen.
- Chat screen background color - Allows you to change the default white color of your chat screen to any other by selecting from the color palette or through your own custom hexadecimal color code.
- Remove advertisements in chat room windows - Removes the ads that are found in Messenger's chat window when you're in a room.
- Enable Mic Lock - Adds mic locking/holding support to Messenger and replaces the default "Hands Free" voice option so you can hold the mic down while you're away from the computer even when you're not playing music or talking.
- Clear chat screen hotkey - Allows you to set a hotkey for quickly and accessibly clearing your chat screen regardless of whether or not the chat room window is the active window/has focus.
- Auto-Ignore Voice "Bots" - When set automatically voice ignores bots that are connected to voice in the room but aren't in the chat room with a chat connection.
- Block URLs, IP and E-mail addresses - Blocks chat room messages from users that contain web addresses, IP addresses and e-mail addresses.
- Broadcast ignore messages in chat - Sends a chat room message to the room each time you ignore somebody.
- Enable username auto-complete in chat rooms - When typing a user's id or nickname in chat you can automatically complete the rest of their id/nickname by typing out a few characters of their name and pressing the "Tab" key on your keyboard. Name must be the first text entered on the line for auto-completion to work.
- Enlarge chat room text input area - Enlarges your chat room text entry space for typing messages to the room.
- Enlarge chat room user list - Widens Messenger's chat room user list window so you can read chat names that aren't all truncated to fit a small default size.
- Room "Knocker" - Automatically retries joining chat rooms on your behalf that are "full".
- Enable Voice Refresh Toolbar Button - Adds a button to the toolbar to refresh your connection to the RTCP server. (Repeated use may cause Messenger to hang and / or crash.)
- Allow for Quick Voice Ignoring of Voiced Users - Creates a cross-hair cursor when the mouse is moved over the current user of voice. A double click places that user on Voice Ignore. (Users can optionally be addded to the Global Ignore Bin as well.)
- Broadcast LAUNCHcase, WinAmp, iTunes, and Windows Media Player songs in chat - Sends your currently played artist and song names to the room for users to see what you are listening to. (This information can optionally be displayed only locally.)
- Enable Alias "Cloaking" - An anti-boot option that can be used to prevent malicious chatters from disconnecting you with most "boots" known and unknown. This option requires that you have at least one alias/profile name on your main Yahoo! account for it to work.
- Enable YMSG Protocol Reversion - Forces Yahoo! Messenger to log in using a previous login version of your choosing.
- Use TCP for voice instead of UDP - Forces Yahoo! Messenger to make a more reliable voice connection for streaming voice audio data.
- Enable Filtering for Yahoo! Messenger-related "crash links" found in e-mails, PMs and web pages - If a "crash link" is invoked through your browser, e-mail client or from Messenger it will cease to operate with the default Yahoo! Messenger "ymsgr:" url handler functionality.
- Enable File Transfer Type Screening - Prevents Yahoo! Messenger from receiving file transfer requests in which the file extension matches one of the known dangerous and/or user specified types.
- Packet Profiling - A built-in proprietary packet handling system designed by Torseq Technologies for adding in increased protection to Yahoo! Messenger against "boots" and malicious exploits.
- YMSG Server Selector - Allows you to select the YMSG server to connect to for your chat session.
- Enable Flood Cap Control - Allows YTK Pro to make a Windows networking adjustment providing connection specific traffic-control optimization. (It is recommended that only users with 1Mbps and up utilize the full Flood Cap Control.)
- Add - Adds a username to YTK's global ignore bin.
- Remove - Removes a username from YTK's global ignore bin.
- Mark Safe - Flags a user as 'safe', removes them from the global ignore bin and adds them to your safe list.
- View Profile - Allows you to select a user from your global ignore bin and view their profile.
- Settings - Ignore Bin Cleaning/Pruning. Allows you to clean your bin of names that have been on ignore for 1 week, 2 weeks or 1 full month.
- Filter Rules - Allows you to create Regular Expression wildcard rules for auto-ignoring users in chat rooms. Options include auto-ignoring based on string patterns found in user's IDs/names, nicknames, location info and user's chat room message content. Wildcards can be applied to string content found at the beginning of each of these fields, anywhere within them or at the end of them.
- Export - Allows users to save their Global Ignore Bin entries in a back-up file which may be replaced in future installations of YTK Pro.
- Clear All - Erases all ignore bin entries from your list.
- Search - Allows you to search through your global ignore bin for usernames that match your search query.
- Add - Adds a username to YTK's Global Safe List.
- Remove - Removes a username from YTK's Global Safe List.
- Clear All - Erases all entries from your Global Safe List.
- Search - Allows you to search through your Global Safe List for usernames that match your search query.
- Block duplicate chat room messages - Blocks chat room messages sent from users that are identical to their previous message. Sensitivity levels range from low to high where high requires a 100% match to the previous message for the message to be blocked.
- Auto-Ignore "Bots" with similar names - Automatically ignores bots in the room with names that are similarly related to each other. Similarity levels range from low to high where high requires nearly a perfect match for similar names.
- Auto-Ignore users who flood the chat room - Automatically ignores chat users that attempt to flood the room with messages.
- Enable chat room message inspection - Analyzes chat room messages that could potentially contain "boot codes", rainbow lags, excessive smilies/emoticons, long repetitive character sequences, YELLING/SHOUTING, blank messages and messages that are too large.
- Enable Bounce Bot Protection - Prevents "bounce bots" from flooding your chat screen and causing it to violently jump up and down in attempts to "lag" you or boot you from the room. This option will automatically ignore bots that are found to be bouncing in the chat room.
- Automatically ignore chat names which exceed 'x' amount of characters - Automatically ignores chat names that are over a specific length that you can optionally set.
- Block ignore message broadcasts sent by other YTK users - Blocks ignore messages sent by other YTK users that have their "Broadcast ignore messages in chat" option turned on.
- Block "now playing" winamp song broadcasts sent by other YTK users - Blocks song broadcasts from other YTK users that have their "Broadcast winamp songs in chat" option turned on.
- Show the contents of blocked chat room messages in the activity logger - Displays chat messages that were blocked in your activity logger for your review.
- Log Yahoo! Server Connection Events - Logs server-related events to your activity logger as they occur.
- Log YTK Events - Logs events that occur pertaining to YTK and its functions to your activity logger as they occur. Such as the User Identification Challenges, Aliases and Buddy List Processing.
- Log Chat Room Events - Logs chat room-related events to your activity logger as they occur.
- Log Voice Events - Logs RTCP related information and events to your activity logger as they occur.
- Log PC-2-PC Call Events - Logs SIP related information and events to your activity logger as they occur.
- Log Unhandled Events - Logs critical application error and conflict events to your activity logger as they occur.
- Enable UPV (Unknown Packet Variant) logging - Logs unknown and incorrectly formatted packet structures to a text file located in your Application Data folder as they are received.
YTK Pro Command-line support is available for use in chat rooms. To obtain a list of all chat-related slash commands for viewing while in chat, simply type /help or /?.
/cls - Clears the history.
/help - Displays this message.
/join roomname - Joins room "roomname", an additional appended colon and number (:#) can be used to specify the room.
/think xxx - Displays "thinking" text with the following format: . o O (xxx)
/invite username - Invites "username" to join the room you are currently in.
: emotion - Displays user defined emotion string.
YTK Chat Command Help
/cls - Clears the chat screen. This should be done regularly to free up memory if you are experiencing low-performance.
/i username - Ignores the specified username (accepts IDs only).
/unig username - Unignores the specified username (accepts IDs only).
/s username - Marks a user(username) as safe (accepts IDs only).
/unsafe username - Removes the specified user(username) from the Safe List (accepts IDs only).
/ver - Displays YTK version information to the chat room.
/about - Opens a window detailing YTK.
/die - Closes YTK and Yahoo! Messenger.
/sysinf - Displays your PC specifications to the chat room.
/uptime - Shows your system uptime to the chat room.
/filters - Opens the ignore filter rules dialog.
/fontsz - Forces chat messages to be resized to the specified font size (10 - 72).
/stripfonteffect - Removes fades and alternate fades from chat messages.
/wantfonteffect - Fades and alternate fades may appear in chat messages.
/logger - Opens the external event logger.
/bgcolor - Applies the specified bgcolor to the chat window (accepts hex only).
/snap - Takes a screen shot of the desktop, specify the -a paramter to capture the active window only.
/trans % - Chat room and buddy list become transparent (10 - 50).
/notrans - Undo transparencies.
/showignores - Shows a list of ignored chatters.
/gawd - Become Unbootable (You will see no chat room text).
/ungawd - Disables Gawd Mode (You will see chat room text again).
/help or /? - Displays this list inside of the chat window.